Friday, April 28, 2006

Murder

The birds are gone... all of them. I came back to the apartment this evening and there was birdy fluff all over the flower box, half the nest was on the balcony and the birds and eggs were all gone from the nest. I feel so horrible. I'm the person who stayed up all night long to take care of sick guinea pigs, took a 17-year old fish to the University of Pennsylvania Vet Hospital and whose dog had an ACL replacement. But the birds I could not help:-( I had such a fun afternoon and evening and now I am in a funk.

I suspect that one of the big ugly-ass German birds who are so giant they sometimes walk down the street probably ate them. I'm so angry, I could punt one down the street right now if I saw one!

So tomorrow I will be planting flowers, both because the Christmas greens look ridiculous and in memory of my little bird family.

:-(

4 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Blogger Erin said...

P.S. It better have been a bird that got my little birdy family, because if it was something that somehow walked or slithered up to the 5th floor, I will be moving out next week!

 
At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sooooo sorry to hear of this terrible terrible ending to such a beautifully anticipated beginning.
Wish I were there to help you plant your flowers. I love you
Mom oxoxoox

 
At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am actually sitting here crying as I read your entry. I am so sorry to hear about the babies :( If you find that giant bird, give him one big kick for you and one more kick for me! I didn't even know that birds ate other birds! Flowers will be a nice way to remember the chicks.

Do you know what would be another nice way to remember a beloved animal?? A STONE! Hmmmm... ;)

 
At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear, I am so terribly sorry Erin. Baby birds are so vulnerable and their mom can only do so much to keep them safe :( But, you should feel honored that the mom felt comfortable enough in your company to build her family on your balcony. Take care and I will see you soon! Anuradha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home