Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Four and Fore











Here's the latest picture of mama bird. I think she is definitely a finch. By my count, the first baby could be just four days away!










(Watch out Michelle and Anika, here comes Erin! Ha! Not with a back swing like that. But alas, the season is young:-))


Fore was what I should have yelled a couple of times at the driving range this evening! No, actually today's visit to Global Golf Berlin wasn’t too bad for my first attempt of the season. After hitting a pole during my first practice swing (oops!), I hit a bucket of 40 balls, didn’t wiff and was happy with direction most of the balls took (because of course they have minds of their own sometimes;-)) You certainly can’t beat the view of Potsdamer Platz!


the recently moved balloon ride gives you a great birds-eye view of Berlin

6 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like spring has definitely arrived in Berlin...birds and golfing! Enjoy!

Much Love,
Steph

 
At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Erin,

There was definitly one thing wrong with your golf picture-we were not there to enjoy swinging with. So sorry we did not to go "swinging" with you in Newtown!

If Gabi is a single Mom you had better start collecting food for the chicks. She will not have time to do it all on its own!

Are you going to hand out cigars when the chicks are born? Or how about chocolates?

Love, G&G

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Maybe I will have to pass out little chocolates... I will be such a happy surrogate mommy! Maybe I can still get more of the Lindt chickies I brought for Easter:-)

In golf news, I read today that classes, a test and a license are required to actually play golf in Germany? Can that be? Just when you thought golf was just about the most elitest sport in the world... If I can confirm said rumor, a whole blog posting will be in order!

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for google -- Erin, the rumor is true! http://www.spotlightgermany.com/articles/golf.htm

Anuradha

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Erin said...

That is absolutely ludicrous!!! I love that people have found a way around the rule. I wonder if I brought my final exam from a year of golf at The George Washington University to a golf course here if I would be allowed to play?
(note: The Erin Taylor thinks putting "The" in front of the University's name is just about as dumb and elitist as requiring a license for golf!)

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Erin said...

P.S. expect a bigger rant about this topic sometime soon. I can't believe it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home