Friday, June 23, 2006

USA and "a golden ticket"


Okay, so things didn't turn out so well for the US. We lost to Ghana yesterday, 1-2. On the one hand, I'm bummed because I was rooting for the home team. On the other hand, they didn't deserve to win. Yes, they were in a hard group, but there was some majorly BORING playing going on from our side. I brought my American flags to the pub yesterday, where I watched the game. But the GO USA award goes to Carl, hands down! No more the stoic Swede, Carl was sporting a great face paint design created by Jennie's friend Lisa:-)



In other news, I think I am living the modern-day German version of Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. I don't have a golden ticket, I have a green ticket! Do you get it? That's right, I got a ticket to go to a game at the stadium!! This afternoon I will be watching the Tunesia-Ukraine game at Olympia Stadium in Berlin. I am super excited!! "...And with a fussball ticket, it's a fussball day..."

More later!

7 Comments:

At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

erin - i am an american expat from DC living here in Berlin as well, where in the usa are you from? i looked for a moment but couldn't figure it out, and the internet has destroyed my attention span....

 
At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm rooting for Tunisia. God knows there are enough European teams represented. -Mango

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Erica said...

Hope you had a great time at the match -- can't wait to hear all about it!

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun Erin!!!

Anuradha

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hot Snot! Have a great time!

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Hi William, I am an American from DC living in Berlin too:-) But my path to Washington was paved through Michigan and Philadelphia. What are you doing in Berlin? That info is hard to decipher from your blog. But your blog does have some very interesting Berlin info on it!

"Hot Snot!" That reminds me of one of my favorite mid-westernisms... "you think you're hot snot on a silver platter, but you are really cold boogers on a paper plate."

 
At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

erin - i started visiting berlin a few years ago, fell in love with the city and decided to move here. it is also a good time to get out of the US as the country seems to have experienced some sort psychotic break. i don't know if you grew up in DC but i did and after a while all those despicable politicians and their coterie become quite sickening...living in this city has been a sanatorium for my delicate sensibilities...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home