Friday, June 16, 2006

Drift Away

Bored at work on Friday afternoon and reading this blog? Check out the Jolli Lodge blog and let your worries drift away in the pictures of the Lake Michigan sunsets in Leland, MI!

My parents took me on vacation to Jolli Lodge when I was just 6 weeks old and I have vacationed there every summer since. (My summer in Ulm and now this year are the only exceptions.) It's hard to imagine this summer without such sunsets, but I am confident I will be back for year #28 next July.

Happy Friday!


here's another heavenly picture...we love going "up-north" to Jolli Lodge so much we even named our dog Leland! This is him sleeping in the front window with the pillows my mom fluffs for him in the morning. He likes the green shirt because it keeps him extra warm. He lives a very stressed life, as is clear to see.

8 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww... I finally get to see a picture of the much-talked-about Leland. What a cutie! Have a good weekend and best of luck on Monday. Ich druecke dir die Daumen!
--J

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger Erin said...

I just downloaded the most recent Queer Eye for the Straight Guy (as a side note, I want them to be my new best friends... they are hilarious!) and the straight guy had a house full of bichons (3 or 4) because he used them for his act in Vegas. The pups were adorable... but he had dyed one of them pink/purple with KoolAid. Looked a bit strange!

 
At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

erin, have you knot anything for leland? maybe you need to do a post about your knitting adventures in berlin!

 
At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

um i meant knit. have you KNIT (or is it knitted?) anything for Leland?

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Erin said...

I have not knit him anything, though he does have a handmade quilt that matches the livingroom couch and a variety of bandanas, all made by his Granny. A doggie sweater might be beyond my knitting capabilities, but wouldn't he be stylish if I could pull it off! I'll have to look for a pattern. I wonder what color he would like? His polar fleece jacket is red. Maybe he needs a blue something.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Erica said...

Sorry you won't make it to Jolli lodge this summer. At least you've got next year to look forward to, right?

 
At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the Leland photo! We were at Meglio's tonight with your Mom and Dad and the McDowells--a fun time as always. Heard your presentation went very well and that you are now finished and have traveling plans in the works Have a great time. See you in Kilkenny in August!

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger Erin said...

I will absolutely be at Jolli Lodge next July! It takes a lot for me to miss a year-- the $1400+ ticket to Detroit really made the decision for me this year:-( I just feel so centered after spending a week at the lake with family. (Sigh) Next year!

Hi Dr. and Mrs R., glad you had a fun art teacher invasion of Meglios! See you in August!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home