Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Friends, Bloggers, Countrymen, lend me your ears

Upon review, I realized that my postings from last week were a bit long-winded, so I will try to not bore you with every detail of my long-weekend in Rome. Simply put it was wonderful! The weather was in the 70’s and sunny the whole time; I even got a Teva tan.

Here are some descriptive highlights from the weekend:

1.Gelato flavours such as raspberry, coffee, pear and profiterole (the Italian version of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream…YUM!)







street performer and a quintessential Italian restaurant guy


2.Sitting on the warm marble steps of a bubbling fountain while people-watching on a sun-kissed piazza

3.Gorgeously chiselled Italian...Ignudi

4.Cold Play songs being played over the loud speaker of the metro

5.Being enveloped in ancient history with every step










6.Lots…and LOTS of Germans and Americans (maybe this was reciprocity for all the Italians at the Freiburg Christmas market!)

I’ll post pictures later today, which can tell the rest of the story.
Ciao!

10 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I certainly do not think your postings are "long-winded." You do a very complete analysis in your postings, and I apprecate it . . .

CJS

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeously chiselled Italian... Ignudi. What?? Please post more details. Did Ignudi receive the same treatment as Simone? ;) J.

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or did you just admire from afar like the timpani player in the Berlin Philharmonic? ;)

Anuradha

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Awww, thanks CJS... I love you man:-)

Ladies, ladies, what are you suggesting? You are going to give me a reputation! I was in Rome for high culture, not Italian Stallion scouting;-)

You obviously were not paying close attention in art history class. Though I will neither confirm nor deny any stories that you are alluding to, I will say that having a tete-a-tete with Ignudi would have involved scaling the walls of the Sistine Chapel. Confused? Google it:-p

 
At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin telling long stories... NEVER! And then... and then... and then... :)

love ya! Glad to hear you had a great time! So the most important question... which is better, the raspberry ice cream in Ulm or the Gelato in Italy?

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Oh dearest sister of mine, it with all my heart that I would like to say :-P

The raspberry gelato in Ulm is better I think, but the pear in Rome was hard to beat! Very refreshing!

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin, what does "Italian Stallion" mean? ;) AB

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Yes AB, what does Italian Stallion mean? Perhaps if you say it a bit louder on the bus next time, the person who you are talking about will hear you;-)

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what's the harm in that? It is a compliment, isn't it? :) AB

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Erin said...

True, true, but I think you are probably a better person to test this theory than I am.
Here's what you should do... go out onto Market Street right now, call the first cutie you see an Italian Stallion, note the reaction and then go back upstairs and post the results on the blog:-)
Not only will you have my eternal respect for doing so, I will also send you something cool from Berlin:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home