Friday, January 13, 2006

Back in Berlin

Minus the medical emergency 3 rows in front of me and the woman who was being deported 5 rows behind me, my trip back to Berlin was uneventful. My exit row seat did not recline, but it was an exit row and no one sat next to me so I can't complain. One wonderful little Actifed pill allowed me to sleep most of the way but I did wake up in time to see the sun dawning over the horizon during our final approach. The spectrum of color above and clouds below were spectacular (and probably the last sunshine I will see for a while:-))

I am a mix of emotions at the moment... Sad to leave my family again, yet excited to return to the city where I had such an exciting fall. Though I have obviously been to Germany before, this trip back was the first time I was returning to a known set of circumstances-- my apartment, my fellowship, my city. It all seems very comfortable and normal, while foreign at the same time.

So that's it, I'm back! I took a nap with a duvet blanket, brought a canvas bag with me to the grocery store, watched for dog poop on the sideway and saw the following advertisement at the store. I am sure there is a crass joke or two I could make about this picture, but I will use my better judgement. Ah, back to the land of wurst!

2 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What does the text at the bottom of the ad say?

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Erin said...

"Our meat is cut-to-order/customized for you"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home