Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Feels Like Home

For a brief moment yesterday I wondered if I was back in "warm and fuzzy" Washington. Helicopters hoovered overhead all day and there were police officers near my office. On my walk home, police blocked the street causing rush hour traffic problems. This had all the markings of DC security. Indeed it was! Ah home sweet home! As it turned out, Condi was staying at the swanky hotel behind my office. A 30 euro/night hotel special near the train station it was not!

I wonder if she took the #100 bus to tour the city like I did with my family a couple weeks ago;-)

On a somewhat related note, I recommend that everyone check out http://www.devilducky.com/media/38792 for some important information about global warming from "George Bush." You might have to download Quicktime to view the clip, but it is well worth your while!

1 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww, sometimes I really miss Washington too. I absolutely do not miss 495 (especially at the 270 split), but I really miss my peeps, and citron, and empanadas, and walks in dupont circle . . . and YOU! Anuradha :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home