Tuesday, November 22, 2005

A poem to rival Goethe;-)

Tomorrow’s the day I have waited so long for;
I cannot believe who I will see walk down the corridor.

Mom, Dad and Katie, Kappy and Lee;
once we are all in Berlin together I know I will yell yippee!

Will they be jetlagged, or will they be giddy;
will they want to sleep or tour the city?

I have made a lasagna and cleaned the apartment;
shopped at IKEA and researched every Christmas market.

We’ll see the Wall the crazy commies built;
if we don’t have fondue, I will feel lots of guilt.

Grandpa says prepare for a wurst eating contest;
the vegetarian thinks this idea is not best.

From Wilmersdorf to the Kudamm and KaDeWe;
I am sure we will talk all the way.

Also on the list are the Reichstag and Brandenburg Gate;
who knows what else we'll see, the subway runs late!

I hope you enjoyed my little poem, rhyming with German words can be a pistol;
like Potsdamer Platz and Schoeneberg, Merkel and Schnitzel (see, what really rhymes with schnitzel?)

3 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very cute Erin. Enjoy your time with your family!! Anuradha

 
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May God Bless You and Your Family this Holiday Weekend

 
At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roses are Red,
Violets are Blue,
So, what's this I see,
But a poem from you;

Now mine may not be insightful,
But surely it's delightful,
As it brings you good cheer,
this special time of year;

Now Y'all have a great Holiday,
While far away from home,
As you will surely find time to sightsee,
Albeit, not in Rome;

So, I sign off this message,
With a wish in my heart,
That soon your weekend,
Will be ready to start.

Happy Turkey Day to All!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home