Friday, October 14, 2005

Happy Friday

Since I was negligent in posting this week, here are a collection of my thoughts and observations:

1. For the bargain price of 3000 euros, you can buy your very own gold-leaf keyboard and mouse from KaDeWe.

2. My grocery store sells strawberry shortcake flavored yogurt--Delicious!

3. I am happy to report that the trend of wearing brightly colored jeans seems to be over in Berlin! Buh-bye!

4. Unfortunately women now think it is acceptable to tuck their jeans into scrunchy boots. Where do I even begin!

5. I had been told that random people would not talk to me on the subway in Germany. I believe this information was not accurate. While carrying my golf club last week, 2 people struck up conversations with me about golf. The next day, while carrying a big bowl of salad, two more people talked to me. Either I attract wierd people, or they can feel my
Midwest-friendly vibe:-)

4 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin,
3000 Euros? That is QUITE a bargain. Do you plan to declare that at Customs? ;)

I'm glad to hear that Germans are striking up conversations with you on the U/S-Bahn. I think they sense the midwestern friendliness that emanates from you. Have a schoenes WE,
Jennie

 
At 6:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They rarely talk to me. But maybe, U-3 has different passengers.

 
At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the jean, scrunchy boot thing is going on here in the US too. Sorry, I am just not feeling it. But, the question is this . . . are FMBs acceptible with a nice skirt in a law firm? Should I push the envelope a bit? I actually left my shirt UNTUCKED at work today -- scandal, scandal! Anuradha :)

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Anuradha,

I think the firm would have to be pretty liberal to allow FMB's at work. Then again, Condi pulled it off in Europe!
Scrunchy boots and jeans are in the States too... is nowhere safe anymore!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home