Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Transition Week

This has been another week of transition for me, so I don’t have anything super interesting to report. I have also been too busy running errands to get into too much trouble☺ Here’s a recap in any case:

The week started well because I had breakfast with Chaney, a colleague and friend from the embassy, who is also a friend of Jennie’s. Chaney now holds the honor of being my first visitor from the States! It was fun to hear about his whirlwind trip to Spain, Germany and Latvia. Did we gossip about the Embassy? Would I do that?;-)

Monday’s projects included meeting with my mentor and investigating telephone/internet options. My mentor is going to be great—very pro-me/my project and very laid back. Deciding on a telephone and internet plan has been a slightly more stressful project. I don’t know that it is any more stressful than finding your way through the US telephone service market, but adding the German language into the process adds a twist! (the story of my life!) I think I have decided on Alice, a company who sells internet and phone service by featuring a sex-bomb blonde on all of its ads. What she has to do with internet, I am not sure, but the rates are great and with any luck I will be back online by middle October.

Tuesday found me back at IKEA, looking at sleeper sofas/mattresses/futons/something for guests to sleep on. The beauty of IKEA in Germany is that the stores are set up exactly like they are in the US. The hard part is not knowing whether words like Poang and Beddinge are Swedish-IKEA nonsense words or German words that I should already know!

Today was moving day! I took one load over this morning and Matthias was nice enough to help me with another big load this evening! My landlady left me a fresh bouquet of flowers and everything else looks great. The one interesting surprise was the window in the bathroom door that does not have frosted glass. I will be looking into a curtains tomorrow!

I hope everyone is having a great week!

P.S. My week has been made... Tom Delay has been indicted!!! All I have to say is BUH BYE!

3 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Erin... we are all weeping for Tom Delay... NOT!!!! Hope you are having a GREAT time in Germany. Be safe and have FUN!!! Your (previous) neighbor, Terry

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Thanks for commenting Mr. Halper... great to hear from you! Now I hear Frist is in a little hot water too and Judith Miller has revealed that Scooter Libby was her source for the CIA leak case... oh how the mighty can fall:-)

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say that I was honored to be your first ever visitor from the US. It was great seeing you so happy. Berlin really is the right fit for you. -chaney

 

Post a Comment

<< Home