Saturday, September 24, 2005

Officially a renter!





After spending the morning at the driving range, a flea market and the hospital (visiting a friend), I headed to Wilmersdorf this afternoon to sign my lease! Carl came to provide moral support, to ask the tough questions and explain the German words I didn’t know☺ His help was most appreciated, though my landlady is extremely nice and the contract was pretty straightforward.

The following apartment pictures are pre-Erin (meaning pre-personal touches and mess). But people have been asking about the apartment, so these will give you an idea of what it is like. I move in Wednesday and will email everyone with my address soon (I don’t want to post it on the blog.) The phone line might take a little longer, but the cell phone number you have still works in the meantime.

The roller-blading picture was taken just a block away from my apartment. Tomorrow is the Berlin Marathon but today is the Berlin roller-blade marathon! Really! Though I haven’t seen so many tourists in one city since cherry blossom season in Washington, Berlin is abuzz with pre-marathon fun! More about the marathon tomorrow.

Happy Saturday
-ET

3 Comments:

At 6:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The apartment is Very IKEAermany.

Other words to describe the new official ET "crash pad" . . . dandy, divine, glorious, groovy, hunky-dory, keen, marvelous, neat, nifty, sensational, swell :-)

Uncle Skippy

 
At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin,
Your place looks awesome - lots of light and very, very German. Nice duvet ;)
Jennie

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice kitchen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home