Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The Big Germany Question Has Been Answered

No, I do not know who will be the next chancellor of Germany. But actually that was not the most pressing question in the capital in recent weeks. The most important question was will Erin become an Ossi (easterner) or a Wessi (westerner)…where will she live!?

I am happy to report that I will be signing a contract for a lovely apartment in Wilmersdorf (in the West) on Saturday! Though Wilmersdorf was not on my initial list of neighborhoods, I feel very at home there. I am just 2 metro stops away from work this fall, 5 minutes away from where I will work this spring, and 5 minutes away from the Ludwig Kirche Platz, a great church/park/fountain surrounded by little shops and cafes.

From the outside, the building is nothing to write home about. Well actually it is pink, which is notable! But it is not exactly the altbau (romantic European city building) I was hoping for. The inside, however, it is nicely furnished, recently renovated, very sunny and has a balcony with flower boxes (personally my favorite feature!) I plan to fill the flower boxes with seasonal decorations, which will in turn make the front of the building look better☺ (Martha Stewart Berlin style!)

So let the party (I mean diligent research on my project) begin!

I will post pictures once I move in next week.

Cheers
ET

2 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! The Ludwig-Kirch-Platz with the Pariser Straße is a very lovely area!

And you have a balcony. This is LUXURY!

Do you need help moving in?

 
At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin,
Lucky duck! I can't wait to see pics of the new place and congratulations on deciding on a new apartment.
Jennie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home