Sunday, May 21, 2006

"Ooh Dreamweaver..."

Most of my weekend was spent at a Dreamweaver website programming class at the VHS continuing education school in Friedrichshein. The course was informative and German-- two important qualities for a class in Germany:-) Saturday began by establishing whether the teacher would use the informal or formal form of "you" when speaking to us and how we could address her (so German.) Once the decision to "dutz" was made, we were able to start with the lessons. My friend Lexy took the class as well; it was fun to have a buddy to sit next to and someone to help decipher the foreign language-- be it HTML or German! Who would have thunk it... 14 hours of class and I can actually now put together a simple website. In fact, everyone received a certificate at the end of the class saying that we know certain skills that would allow us to create and update a website. (The certificate thing is also soooo German. I didn't realize that we would get a certificate. I plan to hang mine on my refrigerator! Is that an American thing?) This was my first time in a classroom in four years. I forgot how much I liked going to class. Maybe I really am ready to go get my Masters:-)

The other exciting event of the weekend was Lexy and Emil's engagement party. Fun times!! See below:


Emil, Lexy and Seth-- "Just whistle while you work..."







"What kind of quatsch is Erin telling me this time?











Lexy's German friend and Lena waiting for drinks made by bartender Dave












"Seth, are you downloading legal material?"

12 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, what's the deal with the ribbon on the head?

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Erin said...

It's either the new fashion in Prenzlauerberg or Seth is making a patriotic statement for the troops (tie a yellow ribbon 'round the old oak tree.) Not sure:-)

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By mere coincidence I stumbled upon your Blog. As a fellow American living in Berlin I was fascinated (you write really well!) and spent the entire past two hours reading all of it (instead of studying).

Thanks for a great read!

 
At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh..and btw..if you feel like grabbing a beer sometime you can email me at canaparius(at)gmail.com (I'm mid-twenty and not scary)

 
At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

but more importantly, are you single and cute?

 
At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and male?

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

male and single...yes

Calling myself cute would seem a bit conceited...(I have yet to meet any guy who thinks of himself as "cute")

 
At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and are you "mid-twenty" or in your mid-twenties? Inquiring minds want to know:-)

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Jeez, I leave the blog alone for a few hours and people start causing trouble... I am sure these comments will be a fascinating read for my grandmother, 10th grade history teacher and parents! The question in my mind is whether the trouble maker(s) is/are located in Philly, DC, Nashville or elsewhere? Hmmm...what will my stat counter reveal?

Maybe guys don't think of themselves as "cute" but that is a very important adjective in the girl dictionary:-)

 
At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's interesting that you list Philly first as trouble-maker territory. Unfair, probably not :)

AB

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Why did I have a suspicion that listing Philly as #1 on the list would not be out of line?;-) You are getting sassy in your ripe old age of 26!

 
At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's right. And I will be welcoming you to the 26-40 age bracket tomorrow!

AB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home