Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Skier's Prayer


I'm in Bonn and Cologne at the moment meeting with people for my project. Tomorrow I head to Austria for a couple of days of skiing. Since I'm traveling without my computer, I won't be posting again until Saturday. But in anticipation of my trip, I present this little prayer:-)

Please let my legs be limber and the snow be fluffy,
May the town not be overrun by people named Muffy;

Let the chairlift be strong and ready to ride,
May the ski patrol be hot (I mean qualified);-)

May I remember to turn, so Granny will be proud,
If I schuss down a run or two, we just won’t say it out loud!

Let the huette be cozy and the cocoa hot,
May my Tirol dinner involve melted cheese in a pot.

If I must fall, please let it look graceful,
I do love the snow, but not a whole face full!

May I not get a blister or a sunburn,
If the good Lord allows it, may I one day return.

4 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent poem.

I'm jealous.

CJS

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you have fun,
I hope your adventure is filled with glee,
I'll pray that you'll be careful
I love you sweetie!!
Love ya, Mom oxoxoxoxo

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Thanks MOM!

 
At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was surfing the net loking for some snow skiing techniques and I came upon your site and I was impressed by the quality of content you have. Keep up the awesome job. I will be bookmarking you right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home