Monday, July 24, 2006

A Poem

With a tear in my eye, I said goodbye to Cheryl;
But I knew that my weekend would not be in peril.

Torsten and I found lots and lots to do;
Flip-flop shopping, KaDeWe and the Memorial Church, all near the zoo.

Then it was off to the east for the rest of the day;
It was great fun to be silly and chat all the way.

We saw part of the gay rights parade from the Sony Center;
There were lots of wild costumes worn by flamboyant maenner.

What’s a Berlin tour without a stroll on Unter den Linden;
We also got into the Berliner Dom, though it might have been forbidden.

Dinner found us in Kreuzberg, having Thai;
Met an unusual GDR guy… couldn’t eat fast enough and say good-bye.

Sunday morning, we were very “Berlin” and had a yummy brunch;
Then we enjoyed the German History Museum and learned a bunch.

We went to Prenzlauerberg for curry wurst, but the famous stand was not open;
And with the warm weather, we were not well a’ copin’.

So we chilled at a café and the Prater Beer Garden too;
Then it was home for a snacks and a movie with Hugh Grant (wahoo!)

This evening it was sad to see a second friend go Heim;
But I thank them both for coming, I had a great time!!!


I tried a Berlin specialty for the first time this weekend: beer with raspberry or waldmeister syrup. Delicious!

3 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger kelly said...

down in the south they also like beer with banana syrup-- yum!

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all know what Samantha Brown thought about the curry wurst :)

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Maybe I will have to save banana beer for my next trip to Germany.

I forgot about the Samantha Brown goes to Berlin episode. She's just stupid... maybe she should have let me show her around the city. There are tons of curry wurst stands around the city, but we were trying to go to the one where Gerhard Schroeder liked to eat. It's closed on Sundays... naja, da kann mann nichts machen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home