Monday, August 29, 2005

Day #4 of the cheese spaetzle watch

Hi again from Bonn. Today was the first day of the orientation. I am super excited that the program has finally begun. My mentor came down from Berlin for the day and said he liked my presentation, which was a huge sigh of relief! He also said he I can work at the foreign ministry for a week or so and he wants to arrange a trip for me to Cairo and/or Jordan (mom, don't freak out!) The other projects sounded interesting too, but it was difficult to understand the Russian-accented German that was being spoking by some of my fellow fellows.

In other news, today is day #4 of the cheese spaetzle watch. I know this is not really the right part of Germany for this delicious German dish, but I can't believe that there is not a single restaurant in Bonn that makes spaetzle. I am on a quest and have already checked the menus of 10 restaurants or so:-)

Tschau
ET

6 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear Baghdad's nice this time of year. Sheesh.

Keep me posted on the spaetzle situation. Niki and I are very concerned.

 
At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the heck is spaetzle? My concern is that it's something weird. Think fondly of us as we batten down the hatches anticipating Katrina's visit...

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger DonDahlmann said...

Yeah, Bonn is definitly the wrong part of germany for spaetzle. You would have more luck in Baden Wuertenberg. But have a nice time in Bonn, its a small, but nice city.

 
At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SwWwWwEeEetTtT!
Spaetzle

 
At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on the spätzle search. And please also report when you have your first Apfelstrudel mit Vanille-Soße :-)
Looking forward to more photos.

 
At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gutten Morgen!
Did I spell that correctly?
What a great day you had!
I really like the shoes!
Dad and I can't wait to come for a visit! I will have to try to access your blog at school before school in the morning. There are so many filters on our computers, I might not be able to get to it.
We love you! Mom
PS Did you take your vitamins? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home